COLLABORATION AND NETWORKING
In implementing the planned activities, MCFDMA has partnered and collaborated with several organizations and institutions. The main partnerships have focused on trainings, capacity building, marketing and market development.
These collaborating institutions include, but not limited to;
1. European Union that has offered partial funding of the project and Technical support.
2. Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) – Certification of fruit nurseries.
3. Cooperative Societies – Farmers mobilization and Shares mobilization.
4. Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) – Statutory standards (S-marks).
5. Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute (KIRDI) – Processing technology
6. USAID-Kenya Crops and Dairy Market Development Project (USAID-KCD) – Mango value chain development-Development of MCFDMA regulations
7. Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, University of Nairobi & Egerton University – Development of mango value chain and Product Development.
8. Horticultural Crops Directorate (HCD) – Certification of Nurseries and facilitating signing of Contracts.
9. Export Promotion Council (EPC) – Market Development (export market)
10. Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization (KALRO) – Research and Training
As part of the strategy to encourage young and female entrepreneurs, MCFDMA management has worked closely with the Makueni County gender/youth department and existing funds (e.g. Tetheka) to explore ways of supporting female/youth-led groups to access and participate in selling bottled water and RTD Juice from MFPP. Further, the youth has been involved in the entire mango value chain i.e. from production, value addition to marketing.